Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's the end of the Month! How did you do on your Grocery Bills??!

Well it's the last day of the month and it's time to tally up the totals. I personally keep my shopping budget in an Excel file, and everytime I come home form a trip, I simply type in what I spent and what I saved (most stores have both on the end of your receipt). I have a few formulas that do the rest of the process for me, which includes adding up the total cost/value of my items, the percent I saved on the trip, and my grand totals, located at the bottom of my page.

This month I spent $214.43! I saved $1,003.10!! Total cost amounts to $1,217.53.
This makes my savings of 82% for this month!!!

I also have 4 rebates from this month I'm waiting to receive AND the P&G $100 coupon booklet!
Rebates include:

2 $5.00 Johnson and Johnson Rebates
1 $6.99 Try me Free Physician's Formula Rebate
1 $9.99 Try me Free Bioluxe Rebate

If I add this to the equation my total spent would be $187.43 + $100 of free coupons!

How did you do? And was this a good month, or not so good in savings??