Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Savings at Mid-Month

I have spent $173.20 this month for my family. Freezer, fridge, and pantry, are stuffed with food and closets are stocked with items like diapers, deodorant, body wash, razors, home candles/fragrances, etc.

Now the fun part: I have saved more than what the total cost of all these items should have cost.
For example, A pack of diapers cost $10.00 (total cost). I got them for $2.00. I saved $8.00 (total saved) from coupons and sales.

So, the total cost of my bills so far is $539.50. BUT, the amount I have saved is $582.44!! 108%!!
How does this happen? Many items I get are free from crossing good sales with coupons.

In comparison to my monthly bill for strictly groceries only (which was $500) I am currently only spending 35% of that. I also have around $70 in rebates headed my way from this month's spending, which if applied here would cut me down to 20% spent (or 80% saved!).

This month I needed to stockpile a lot, and I think I am good for now, so I can't imagine over the next 12 days I would spend anymore than $30 (if that).

Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment